Amazon isn’t the only place to sell your ebooks, and I’ve had some luck with Apple and Kobo of late, but it remains the big dog in the house.”
There are so many ways to market our ebooks, and authors are always trying to decipher how to make sales in the ways of “least resistance”. Not that we are a lazy bunch–quite the opposite–we are just overwhelmed with choices.
This excellent article sums up what the writer feels first is “Not Working at Amazon” anymore, then she tells what “Is Working”.
Let us sum up what is NOT WORKING well anymore:
1) TAGGING (Amazon got rid of the keywords on the book page)
2) “Post-Free” KDP SELECT BOUNCE (It’s not as good as it used to be)
3) Using AUTHOR NAMES in your book descriptions
4) KEYWORDS in the TITLE fields (Amazon is cracking down)
5) BIG VENUES for advertising your ebooks (Amazon again cracking down)
Is anything working? Let’s sum up what MIGHT BE WORKING:
1) Putting out your WORK FREE on the net, and put it out EVERYWHERE
2) ADVERTISE where it is effective (Bookbub and Goodreads)
3) WRITE more books! (Best marketing you can do)
Think “Whole Series” or “Multiple Series” so readers will buy more from you!
Hope this sparks some great ideas for you in your own marketing campaign. Happy book selling!
***This review was written by Penelope Silvers for her curated content on “Ebook Promotion and Marketing”***
Link to the original article: http://www.lindsayburoker.com/amazon-kindle-sales/book-promotion-whats-working-at-amazon/
See on www.lindsayburoker.com