Writing for writing’s sake is absolutely brilliant, but many of us have ambitions to be #1 on the Amazon charts, selling hundreds of thousands of books and raking in the cash!
Writing is hard work! That is a given, but once your book is actually written, how in the world do we enter into the ranks of the Kindle bestsellers?
This article by bestselling author Mark Edwards touches on some characteristics of what goes into a Kindle bestseller. Begin your journey armed with these tools, and you might also enter through the portals of the elite “bestseller” club.
1) Get the BASICS right (GRIPPING book, great COVER, excellent book DESCRIPTION)
2) Write a MARKETING plan (this is tip most authors skip over)
3) Get your books NOTICED (Twitter w/ tools such as Tweet Adder and Triberr)
4) Identify BLOGS and SITES that might review your book (send a professional template requesting a review)
5) Get into the ALSO BOUGHT Amazon “bar” of popular books
6) Set up a BLOG and interview other popular authors
7) Be prepared to WORK HARD!
***This review was written by Penelope Silvers for her curated content on “Writing for Kindle”***
Link to the full article with all the details for your own plan: http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2013/01/21/self-publishing-success-kindle-bestseller/
See on www.thecreativepenn.com